What is an SMSF investor type?
An SMSF investor is a self-managed superannuation fund (SMSF) that invests in the Fund. A SMSF is a type of superannuation fund that is managed by its members, rather than by an external trustee.
If you are looking to invest in the Monochrome Bitcoin Trust (IBTC) with an SMSF, view our SMSF Application Guide below.
How to apply for the Monochrome Bitcoin Trust (IBTC) as a SMSF Investor
The application portal link for new or returning investors can be found here.
NOTE: Please read the Product Disclosure Statement, Target Market Determination and Reference Guide before proceeding with your IBTC application with an SMSF.
Start your application at apply.automic.com.au
Read the offer details and select 'Next'.
- Select 'Create new holding'.
- Select 'SMSF'.
- Under the Trustee types, select the one that is relevant to your SMSF.
- Enter the applicant's details.
- Please ensure all details are correct before selecting 'Next'.
Contact Info & Amount
- Enter the application amount in Australian dollars (AUD) and select 'Next'.
Note: The minimum initial investment is AUD$5,000. There is no maximum investment amount.
- Optional: If applicable, enter the name of your financial advisor.
- Answer questions 1-6.
Note: If you answered 'Yes' to Q1, please refer to Step 9.
- Select 'Next'.
- Enter the applicant's contact details.
- Optional: Add up to 5 additional emails.
- Optional: Enter your banking details then select 'Next'.
- Enter the applicant's tax details.
- Select the option which best describes the applicant for tax purposes and then select 'Next'.
- Review and ensure all details on the application form are correct.
- Read the disclaimers tick the checkbox.
Verification & Payment
- Complete the security CAPTCHA and select 'Submit' application details.
- Once your application is submitted, note down your investor number and keep it somewhere safe.
- Select your preferred payment option and enter the application amount, then select 'Next'.
- Select 'Verify Identity'. A new tab or pop-up will lead to Automic's identity verification portal.
- Fill in the entity's details.
- Select the checkboxes to accept Automic Registry Services terms and conditions. Select 'Submit' to complete your identity verification.
You have completed your SMSF application. You should have received an email to your nominated contact email address confirming receipt of your application. If you have not received that email, please contact us at email@example.com or call on +61 7 3608 5599.
Have more questions?
If you have questions or require assistance with the application process or an existing application, please contact Monochrome at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: The guides provide general information only and may be subject to change at any time without notice. It does not constitute financial product advice. You should obtain independent advice from an Australian financial services licensee before making any financial decisions.