What is an Individual investor?
An individual investor is a person who invests in the Fund as an individual, rather than as a company or other entity. Individual investors may include natural persons, sole traders, or partnerships.
How to apply for the Monochrome Bitcoin Trust (IBTC) as an Individual investor
The application portal link for new or returning investors can be found here.
NOTE: Please read the Product Disclosure Statement, Target Market Determination and Reference Guide before proceeding with your IBTC application with an SMSF.
Start your application at apply.automic.com.au
Read the offer details and select 'Next'.
- Select 'Create new holding'.
- Select 'Individual'.
- Enter your/the applicant's details.
- Ensure all details are correct before selecting 'Next'.
- Enter the application amount in Australian dollars (AUD) and select 'Next'.
Note: The minimum initial investment is AUD$5,000. There is no maximum investment amount.
- Optional: If applicable, enter the name of your financial advisor.
- Please answer questions 1-6 and select 'Next'.
Note: If you have answered 'Yes' to Q1, please refer to the previous step.
Contact Info and Application Amount
- Enter your/the applicant's contact details.
- Enter your/the applicant's tax details.
- Optional: Enter your banking details.
- Select the option which best describes the applicant for tax purposes and then select 'Next'.
- Review and ensure all details are correct.
- Read the disclaimers and check the box.
- Complete the security CAPTCHA and select 'Submit' application details.
Note: Please continue the form to complete your identity verification.
Payment and Identity Verification
- Once your application is submitted, you will obtain your investor number. Please save it and keep it somewhere safe.
- Select one of the payment options and process your application amount. Select 'Next'.
- Select 'Verify Identity'. A new tab or pop-up will lead to Automic's identity verification portal.
- Enter and ensure the applicant's details are correct.
Note: All form fields with a red asterisk is required.
- Please upload the required documents for verification.
- Select the checkboxes to accept Automic Registry Services terms and conditions.
Select 'Submit' to complete your identity verification.
You have completed your Individual Investor application. You should have received an email to your nominated contact email address confirming receipt of your application. If you have not received an email, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have more questions?
If you have questions or require assistance with the application process or an existing application, please contact Monochrome at email@example.com.
Note: The guides provide general information only and may be subject to change at any time without notice. It does not constitute financial product advice. You should obtain independent advice from an Australian financial services licensee before making any financial decisions.